(Kansas City, MO) – Oh, come on. You can’t tell me that you haven’t at least thought of a few sun songs that coincide with one of the biggest celestial events in our lifetime. Or is it that some of us are more enthusiastic about Monday’s (8/21) solar eclipse than others? Possibly so. But you must admit, some of the greatest songs of all time either mention or include the sun in their title and lyrics.
This monumental moment doesn’t quite take place without participation from the moon, too. There are a lengthy list of songs including the sun, moon and the sky.
Billboard magazine we are not. But, we felt it was important for you to help us rank the biggest solar songs of all time. Our non-scientific study may also shape your search for a sing-a-long in the midst of the totality path.
The Must-Have Solar Eclipse Song Playlist
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Black Hole Sun – Soundgarden
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me – Elton John
- Walkin’ On The Sun – Smashmouth
- Tequila Sunrise – The Eagles
- Walkin’ On Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Total Eclipse Of The Heart – Bonnie Tyler or Nicki French
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- The House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
- Soak Up The Sun – Sheryl Crow
- Sunshine On My Shoulders – John Denver
- Blister In The Sun – Violent Femmes
- Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot
- Steal My Sunshine – Len
- When The Sun Goes Down – Kenny Chesney
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Seasons In The Sun – Terry Jacks
- Sunglasses At Night – Corey Hart
- (Aquarius) Let The Sunshine In – The Fifth Dimension
- Eclipse – Pink Floyd
- Pocket Full of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
- Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying – Gerry And The Pacemakers
- Cheap Sunglasses – ZZ Top
- Ain’t Goin’ Down ‘Til The Sun Comes Up – Garth Brooks
What else are we missing?